You are hereAwards > Tree of Life is Bookies' Favourite for Palme D'Or
Tree of Life is Bookies' Favourite for Palme D'Or
Betting firm Paddy Power have reported strong support for ‘The Tree of Life’ to win this year’s Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
The long anticipated American drama from director Terrence Malick is currently the 11/4 favourite with Paddy Power ahead of Turkish drama ‘Bir Zamanlar Andolu'da’ at 4/1, Nicolas Winding Refn’s ‘Drive’ at 6/1 and Japanese film, ‘Hanezu No Tsuki’, also at 6/1.
Antonio Banderas’ reunion with Cannes specialist Pedro Almodovar in ‘La Piel Que Habito’ has similarly caught the eye of punters and was backed from 14/1 into 7/1. Scottish director Lynne Ramsay’s latest offering ‘We Need To Talk About Kevin’ was also recently cut from 16/1 into 12/1 following a flurry of bets earlier this week.
Ken Robertson from Paddy Power said “Betting on this year’s Palme d’Or is literally wide open. Malick seems to have caught the eye of punters but I think we could be in for a big surprise on La Croisette next week.”
Paddy Power are quoting odds of 9/2 for a female winner of this years Palme d’Or.
Cannes Film Festival 2011 Palme d’Or
- 11/4 The Tree Of Life (Terrence Malick)
- 4/1 Bir Zamanlar Andolu'da (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
- 6/1 Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn)
- 6/1 Hanezu No Tsuki (Naomi Kawase)
- 7/1 Le Havre (Aki Kaurismaki)
- 7/1 La Piel Que Habito (Pedro Almodovar)
- 8/1 Ichimei (Takashi Miike)
- 10/1 Melancholia (Lars Von Trier)
- 10/1 This Must Be The Place (Paolo Sorrentino)
- 12/1 We Need To Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay)
- 14/1 Heart Shulayiml (Joseph Cedar)
- 16/1 Habemus Papam (Nanni Moretti)
- 16/1 Michael (Markus Schlezinger)
- 18/1 Le Gamin Au Velo (Dardenne Brothers)
- 18/1 L'appollonide (Bertrand Bonello)
- 20/1 La Source Des Femmes (Radu Mihaileanu)
- 20/1 Polisse (Maiwenn)
- 25/1 Pater (Alain Cavalier)
- 25/1 Sleeping Beauty (Julia Leigh)